At SLG we understand Military Divorce.
We have served in the military and have extensive knowledge on the unique issues that come into play for military personnel when going through a divorce.
When a military family goes through a divorce, unique issues arise. Understanding the complex issues in a military divorce will lead to better decisions and fairer outcomes. Remember, a military divorce is not exactly like other divorces; it involves additional legal issues such as:
- In what state should you file for divorce?
- Can a service member slow down or prevent the divorce?
- Will the military give either spouse a lawyer?
- How is child support determined and collected?
- Can I get health care coverage after my divorce?
- How will my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) be affected?
- How is the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) handled?
- How are Military Pensions divided?
- How are any Continuing Health Care Benefit Plans handled? (Title 10 U.S.C. §1078(a))
At SLG, we have served in the military and have extensive knowledge on the unique issues that come into play for military personnel in family law situations. We are uniquely able to understand and address any issues that may arise in your military divorce.